If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
We are happy to announce the availability of JSonar 8.5 to the world! This announcement will probably not sound all that exciting to seasoned JSonar users, but it may make the day for those who have been waiting for an official release all this time. So, rejoice!
Below we will list some of the most important updates and changes in this release. Please explore the „Readme“ file for more details. If you can't wait, head over to the Downloads section to get JSonar 8.5.
- JSonar 8.5 supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. Our main focus has been on Windows 7 OS as this is the most audio-friendly version of this OS up-to-date. As a side note, the latest version of the Hot Spot Clicker scripts also supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- JSonar 8.5 is reported to support all versions of JAWS starting from 7.1 and up to the most recent one (12.0 as of this writing).
- This version of the scripts supports Cakewalk Sonar 6.2, Sonar 7.1, Sonar 8.3.1 and Sonar 8.5 in a single script set. No longer do you need to install JSonar6, JSonar7 etc in order to use Sonar software. Please note, however, that for Cakewalk Sonar 5 and lower, earlier versions of the JSonar scripts still exist and are to be used.
- Introduced support for the Drum Map Manager.
- Improvements for the Event View including displaying and hiding of hidden events.
- Improved support for both Loop Explorer and Media Browser.
- Matrix View is now supported by JSonar.
- Step Sequencer works again.
- Video View is now supported.
- The new Audiosnap 2.0 can now be used with JSonar.
- Many more stability improvements and bug fixes.
- We have removed German, Swedish and Dutch translations until we find someone to maintain these.
Download JSonar 8.5 here and enjoy!
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?