We are happy to announce the availability of JSonar 8.5 to the world! This
announcement will probably not sound all that exciting to seasoned JSonar users,
but it may make the day for those who have been waiting for an official release
all this time. So, rejoice!
Below we will list some of the most important updates and changes in this
release. Please explore the „Readme“ file for more details. If you can't
wait, head over to the Downloads section to get
- JSonar 8.5 supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. Our main
focus has been on Windows 7 OS as this is the most audio-friendly version of
this OS up-to-date. As a side note, the latest version of the Hot Spot Clicker scripts also supports
both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- JSonar 8.5 is reported to support all versions of JAWS starting from
7.1 and up to the most recent one (12.0 as of this writing).
- This version of the scripts supports Cakewalk Sonar 6.2, Sonar 7.1, Sonar
8.3.1 and Sonar 8.5 in a single script set. No longer do you need to install
JSonar6, JSonar7 etc in order to use Sonar software. Please note, however, that
for Cakewalk Sonar 5 and lower, earlier versions of the JSonar scripts still
exist and are to be used.
- Introduced support for the Drum Map Manager.
- Improvements for the Event View including displaying and hiding of hidden
- Improved support for both Loop Explorer and Media Browser.
- Matrix View is now supported by JSonar.
- Step Sequencer works again.
- Video View is now supported.
- The new Audiosnap 2.0 can now be used with JSonar.
- Many more stability improvements and bug fixes.
- We have removed German, Swedish and Dutch translations until we find someone
to maintain these.
Download JSonar 8.5 here and enjoy!