If you feel that JSonar project makes your day brighter or make your passion
possible or, better yet, help you to earn your living or pay your bills, use the
„donate“ button below to show your appreciation for the work we do.
Our current donors.
Some will say that this post is a waste of electrons, but I will risk it still…
Did you know that you can quickly locate the content of interest by simply typing your keywords in the „search“ box above? Say, you'd like to find a shortcut key for a particular feature in Sonar or JSonar… Well, just type it and see what comes back!
We finally started adding most frequently asked questions to the JSonar FAQ page.
If you never used Cakewalk Sonar before or perhaps are wondering whether to start using one, it may be a good idea to review frequently-asked questions first. If your question has not been answered yet, you can ask it by contacting us through the support page.
I am happy to announce that after months of work and with the help of Victor Gorelov from Russia, we have nearly completed the Russian-speaking version of JSonar 7.0. JSonar messages, JSonar installer as well as JSonar Readme are now translated into Russian language.
Please help us test by downloading the latest JSonar daily snapshot in the Downloads section.
I am here to report that with introduction of JAWS 9.0 the sweet harmony between JAWS and JSonar was broken. In particular, the following features of JSonar will not work with JAWS 9.0:
- Event view does not read properly when navigating with arrow keys.
- Upon starting Sonar, JAWS will fail to find track tab control which is necessary in order to allow switching between „all“, „custom“, „I/O“ and other tabs in the track view.
- The operation of Hot Spot Clicker scripts that we use for plug-in support is less reliable and sometimes confusing.
Recent blog posts
- Is Cakewalk Sonar about to become accessible for blind musicians again?
- JSonar 8.5.3 is now live!
- JSonar 8.5 Beta with fixes for JAWS 13 users
- How to Record Music on a Windows Computer – A Free Video Guide
- JSonar beta with support for displaying meters on a Braille display
- Welcome JSonar 8.5.2!
- ViewPoints podcast on Sonar and JSonar
- JSonar.org is back online!
- JSonar 8.5.1 Is Live!
- How to quickly uninstall JSonar on Windows 7 OS?
- How to effectively use Sonar's Track Inspector with JSonar?
- Why does JAWS crash when I use Hot Spot Clicker?
- How do I install JSonar on a Windows 7 64-bit OS?
- How do I use Media Browser in Sonar 8.5 with JSonar?
- How do I use SessionDrummer3 with Sonar 8.5?
- I am no longer able to Control+Tab between open views in Sonar 8.5, why?
- How do I close or turn off the "Quick Start" dialog in Sonar 8.5?